Helping Maryland Families Through Life’s Transitions
At Hollis, Cronan & Fronk, P.A., our divorce and family law attorneys help people through the events that redefine their families in a caring and professional manner. Each family situation is unique – we focus on the particular needs of a case so that we can achieve positive results that benefit our client and their family. We offer sound advice and practical ways to settle family law matters.
How We Can Help You
We advocate for our clients and their families in the following areas:
- Divorce: Dissolution of a marriage occurs when a marriage is legally terminated. Divorce actions can be uncontested or contested. We provide experienced guidance and representation.
- Property division: We help divorcing parties come to an agreement on how marital property will be distributed. We handle cases involving complex or significant assets.
- Spousal support or alimony: If divorcing parties cannot agree – in writing – to spousal support or alimony, the court may award it. We advise, assist and represent our clients through this process.
- Child custody and visitation: We negotiate parenting and visitation agreements to minimize future modifications. We also handle cases where mental illness, addiction or abuse are involved.
- Adoption: We assist clients seeking private, interstate or international adoptions as well as adoptions involving stepparents, grandparents or other family members, ensuring that the process moves efficiently.
- Child support: This is determined by formulas set by the state. We ensure that the court has accurate information to reach fair support arrangements on behalf of our clients.
- Modifications: These are changes made to final agreements or court orders relating to child custody, visitation and support when there has been a substantial change in circumstances. We can protect our clients’ interests.
- Guardianships: We have extensive experience with guardianships of people and their property, conservatorships of their assets and the protection of legal guardians’ rights.
- Paternity actions: We advocate for our clients’ interests in actions filed in order to assist parents in acknowledging and protecting important visitation, custody and support rights.
- Prenuptial agreements: We draft prenuptial agreements to protect the assets of our clients that are separate from those of their intended spouses prior to marriage.
- Domestic violence: Domestic abuse can affect employment, family and the rest of one’s life. We advocate for our clients’ protection.
When a marriage ends, decisions must be made regarding children, property and the future of both. These decisions can be reached through negotiation, mediation, settlement or trial. We are experienced litigators who fight for our clients’ interests in court whenever necessary.